Support for neurodivergent children and their families

When children and young people have needs related to neurodiversity they may require support from a range of services. 

There are a range of local support providers that you and your child can access, the majority of which do not require your child to have a diagnosis. Visit the pages for your child’s age group to find out more.

If you are concerned that your child may have a neurodivergent condition that requires diagnostic assessment.

  • If your child is preschool age then speak to your Health Visitor or GP.
  • If your child is school age, then make an appointment with your child's teacher or the school's Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to discuss your concerns. You can also talk to your child’s GP.

If your child is struggling with their mental health, you can also visit our Children's Mental Health pages or our Young Person's Mental Health pages for advice and support.

There are also a range of national organisations and websites that you may find useful. 

To find up-to-date information about how NHS Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin is supporting children and young people who have Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND), click here.