Making a referral / seeking advice

CCGs provide services for children registered with GPs relating to that CCG. Local authorities provide services for those residents within their boundaries.

If a GP wants to refer a child to children's social care, they need to refer to the service serving the area where the child resides. If a GP wishes to seek advice from a local named GP or designated professional, they should contact the professional representing the CCG to which the practice is linked (see figure below).

Up to date contact information for local children’s social care teams can be found on here.

All GP practices should have up to date contact details for and named professionals within their practice safeguarding policies.

Local authority / CCG boundaries:

STW map.jpg